Subject: [Leica] Machili
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:25:41 +0530

A couple of photographs of a legend, Machili (T16). I am sure this will be
my last look at her - she is over 16 years old as against an average life of
11-12 years for a tiger in the wild, and has brought up a record 5 litters.
As it is, she does not have canines left, and the forest department are at
present feeding her by leaving fresh, dead buffalo calves in her territory.
She could hardly keep her eyes open when I saw her - she half opened her
eyes, took a look at us, and promptly went back to sleep. Anyway, it was
good to see her one last time:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2011/Ranthambhore_20110305_1450-Edit.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2011/Ranthambhore_20110305_1446-Edit.jpg.html

C&C, as usual, welcome