Subject: [Leica] M9 - sensor dust
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:15:44 -0700

I had a TERRIBLE experience last year photographing in the Joshua Tree
National Park with the M9 - every night I'd clean the sensor and by next
day, dust everywhere. Since then, I have learned to use the camera slightly
differently and the matter is much under control.

First of all, most cleaning product should work. Everyone has their
favorite. I use Visible Dust and swabs that are big enough to cover the full
frame sensor. I am sure other people have good luck with other products too.

Some thing to consider when you are on the field. If it's very dusty, try to
keep the camera inside a bag and not just hanging out.

When changing lens, point the camera down, away from dust etc.

The dust spots show up worse at small aperture and on smooth area like the
sky. Work around those if possible.

Good luck.