Subject: [Leica] "Nazi" Leica
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:03:21 -0400

Nathan writes:

They forgot to add Leica cameras with Nazi insignia to the list:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12752501

- - - - -

You mean like this one:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/_22Nazi_22+Leica.JPG.html

People seem to have a fascination for the evil side of life. Hopefully
because they deny that it could ever happen to them. The "History" TV cable
channel in the U.S. is replete with WW2 stories of the Nazi war efforts. In
recent weeks they have portrayed Hitler's life and loves, his drug use, Nazi
concentration camps, the Blitzkreig, the random V1 and V2 bombing of London,
etc. Crime stories make it big in book stores, movies, and TV shows. The
Saint Valentine's Day Massacre was shown in all its gruesome detail on that
lover's holiday.

So a "Nazi" Leica is of little concern. To the best of my knowledge no one
was ever disemboweled by a Leica. Although the SS troopers probably carried
them.

Larry Z (with a bad cold and too much time on my hands today.)