Subject: [Leica] 1/11/11 snow, bike, balloon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:24:16 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/110111_224455.jpg.html

1/11/11 snow, bike, balloon. Darned close to 11 too! But PM not AM
A snow day. One of many this year. Maybe not the last. A snow night.
I went through all the years pic getting caught up on my Keywording or at
least the flowers key worded.
This was not a flower. Maybe you noticed. But the red caught me eye.
Some people give bouquets of balloons instead of flowers.
Its the gift that keeps on giving. Till they pop. Or fly escape out the
window.

Shot manual focus full frame with the 45mm 2.8 P Nikkor made by the largest
lens making company in the world and from choice glass.  Cosina. This puppy
almost coast me 500 bucks and I'd have to say it was worth it. I'm guessing
very above average glass choices in this Tessar pancake. To make up for its
economy of number of elements. Also some very above average coatings. A
labor of love from Mr. Kobayashi is my guess.  I just  think a slow lens
makes things easier for the designer. But I find I really like to stop down
a bit if I can to make sure I nail my focus even though my viewing screen is
quite bright on my D700 I've had since October. In this case f 5 nailed it
and the iso went to 5600 and my shutter speed stayed at the 100th of a
second I had it set on.  I do many shots at the maxed out 64,000 iso with my
auto iso setting.

Bikes in the snow can look lonely.
If you told me I'd bee shooting stopped down in the dead of night I'd be
telling you that would be in the year 2525.
F 5 and be there!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] 1/11/11 snow, bike, balloon)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] 1/11/11 snow, bike, balloon)