Subject: [Leica] People
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:25:52 -0700

Jayanand Govindaraj SHOWED:

>A few people snaps from the Temple Festival:
>
> Three roadside hawkers selling costume jewelry and trinkets:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Kapaleshwar_20110317_031-Edit.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Kapaleshwar_20110317_103-Edit.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Kapaleshwar_20110317_126-Edit.jpg.html
>
> Three devout palanquin bearers:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Kapaleshwar_20110317_144-EditBW.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Kapaleshwar_20110317_153-Edit.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Kapaleshwar_20110317_156-Editbw.jpg.html

Hi Jayanand,
Interesting photos. But my gut feeling with the last three is, the palanquin
bearers would be more powerful if in colour? Given most times I look at
photographs of people in India they are involved with the most magnificent
colours? So I expect anything from your great Nation to scream out "COLOUR
IMAGE!" I also realize that is not always the case, but it does seem most
things involved with religion in your country have the greatest amount of
colours?

So in these B&W frames I feel somewhat robbed due to not being in colour?

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] People)