Subject: [Leica] Leica S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:34:56 -0400

I don't believe Leica is looking for help from us in the re designing and or
re marketing  or re thinking of the S2 System. I believe the concept was
brilliant and seccusssefull in all ways from the very beginning  and that
was fairly obvious to most  serious photo people and no was not targeted at
people who casually buy and sell cameras. Its a serious investment.
Its not too big. What's notable about it is its small size.
"wow is that camera small!"
It's not too pricey the Hasselblad/Fuji options cost way more.
"wow is that camera cheap!" that's a quote I stole from me.

And I'd like to say that the point of any great camera system is its glass.
To have to say that on a Leica list seems odd.
A camera is a life support system for its glass is a slightly extreme way of
thinking of it which has more than a glimmer of truth in it oddly enough.  A
cameras glass is what that camera is all about. I'm not interested in
adaptors. I'm interesting in using the Leica S glass if that's what its
called. Its taking no prisoners and is a leap ahead of the Fuji glass from
all accounts. Two leagues ahead.

I would be happy my first year  or so or more with one lens.  The new
Leica APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120mm f/2.5.

Check out  the dfarkas blog he's tested it rather extensively and for
obvious reasons seems rather taken by it.
http://dfarkas.blogspot.com/
It cost a cool seven grand.
There is a slew of M glass which costs more. But with I believe much less of
a return. As in the results you'd get from this perfectly gorgeous 30X45mm
format AutoFocus 1.5 frame rate ISO 100 ? 1600 perfectly balanced in your
hands camera system.
Do you really need your car? How much can you get for it?

Mark William Rabiner
Photography