Subject: [Leica] OT: Legendary lens
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:50:21 +0930

The Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-S lenses wipe the floor with almost any
other lenses available to photographers.  By "available to
photographers" I exclude the Hubble lenses, other military and
space-agency equipment and some one-off pieces.  They just have so few
flaws it's insane and they are incredibly consistent in look
throughout the available focal lengths.  But for the price, they also
make no sense, when a 16x20" print from 4x5 is a 4x enlargement.

Marty