Subject: [Leica] IMG: Foothill Park
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:17:21 -0700 (PDT)

In June I'm going to Golden Trout Camp workshop. It's at about 10,000 feet
and I
hear that toward the end of the week day hikes go up to 13,000 feet and are
about 6mi long.

I'd really like to take a medium format outfit, so I've put together a kit
take and am practicing using it as well as starting hikes with it to build
up
strength. Here is from the first hike:
http://www.rgaphoto.com/mishmosh/content/Foothill_Creek_Master_large.html

For those interested, the kit contains:
Hassy Flexbody kit
80/2,8
120/4 Macro
2Xe Tele-extender
32 Extension Tube
45PM Prism Finder
Phase P45+ w/ 2 batteries
Bay 60 Polarizing Filter
Lee Filters with holder
Cables, cards, cleaning cloth, etc.
Gitzo GT0541 with Archatec Pano head.
I still have to add lunch, water, pancho and something for warmth. I'm
pretty
concerned about this much weight; but I'm not getting any younger and better
try
this while I can.
Suggestions for bulking up, other than steroids/clear much appreciated :-)
Bob
Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.rgaphoto.com