Subject: [Leica] Sensibility of keeping "overlapping" lenses
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:16:18 -0400

On Apr 11, 2011 at 11:42 AM -0400, Vick Ko wrote:
>Sensibility of keeping "overlapping" lenses...

If you have the money and/or the need, I think it makes sense.
Sometimes you might want an SLR, sometimes an RF.

Personally, my money is in my M lenses.  It'd be great to have an
expensive SLR system, but for the time being, my needs are met by a
Canon 50/1.4 and a 28/1.8.  Yes, they duplicate lenses I have for RF,
but they both cost about as much as a Leica hood and lens cap do.

I was actually considering buying an R and an 80 Summilux about 6 months
ago but figured I'd be better off hunting down a 75 Summilux instead.
It was more expensive, but I didn't have to buy an R body, saving some
money, nor do I have to lug an extra body around if I want to use that
focal length.

That's just me though.  If you have the need for both systems, keep
them.  If you never use the R system, sell it.