Subject: [Leica] Lens color cast
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:51:38 -0700

After shooting the same subject with my 35mm and 90mm lens, I first
discovered that the 90mm produces a color cast roughly equivalent to
that produced by incandescent light.

The two lenses are Summitar M, and state on the front: "Leitz  Lens
made in Canada".

It is not a problem. The color cast is easily correctable in
Lightroom. I am just curious as to why it is there. Is it something
about the glass in one of the lens elements, or has the cement on
compound elements yellowed through age? When I looked through the
lens at a white area, I saw fully uniform yellow.
--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204