Subject: [Leica] Wayback machine
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:59:32 -0400

Jim,

Thanks for the offer of help but the Volvo MB-10 marine engine is one that
would make the engine of a Ford Model T look sophisticated in comparison. It
is a two cylinder klunker which delivers all of 14 hp at its peak of 2000
rpm. Swedish fishermen claimed that they were paragons of reliability. Mine
was too, running on everything from kerosine to moonshine until I let it sit
idle for nearly 17 years. It is the Leica III of engines. I hope that a
total rebuild will be unnecessary. If so, I can always yank it and use an
outboard. Not as pretty but probably more efficient.

Larry Z

- - - - -

Is your Volvo a real Volvo 4-cyl, or is it one of those that look like a
GMC

but have a Volvo nameplate?  If it is the former, I have a local Volvo

salvage yard close by which might supply parts.

Jim Nichols