Subject: [Leica] [IMG]'s
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 4/18/11, Richard Man <richard at imagecraft.com> wrote:

> Well, we know they are fake because
> they are in colors. We all know that
> they should be in B&W, um, glass plates, um,
> daguerreotype, .. PAINTIINGS!
>
> That's it. Next time, paint the images to be authentic!

Sadly I'm still just barely past the stick figure stage...

This was about the time that, in Europe, Fox Talbot and Daguerre and the
Niepces were playing with our first toys; the existing renditions (not
necessarily from life) are all artists' sketches and paintings which may or
may not be accurate.

> Looks like a fun time was have by all! Anyone played the
> Bad Guys?

Oh, yeah.  These guys just like playing; several of this week's Mexicans
were last week's Texians (there are a LOT of Texas History Reenactments).

For today, the boys in the pretty suits and the ones with the cannons are
the Bad Guys. The folks you probably wouldn't want to invite for dinner, the
sturdy peasant guys, are the heroes for whom we cheer.

(Not even the Mexicans of the day really liked Santa Anna; he was your
typical arrogant caudillo.  I sometimes wonder if the soldados who gave his
identity away after the battle might have known what would happen when they
did it...)

(I haven't got all the captions in yet; that's next after a singularly
unpleasant trip to the Post Office.)