Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs WA Lens
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:46:44 -0700

Bob, think angle of view or degrees of coverage, rather than lens focal
length. Of course as Herb says, if you only use panning, you will end up
cropped top and bottom, vs, a "native" wide angle lens, but you are then
really imaging for a different back end, e.g. in the extreme case, a pano
rather than 6x6, or 645 etc.

And then perspective is based on lens to subject distance.

Then depends on what you want to do, you should get your answers.

This is why I prefer XPan rather than stitching - after walking around with
the XPan, I can "see" the coverage frame. Whereas stitching is more
flexible, and thus paradoxically, more limiting.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]