Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs. WA Lens
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:49:05 -0700

I've had some wide shots with the Noblex and
Roundshot blown up and mounted on the inside of a
drum shaped substrate. If you stand in the middle
of this (about 16ft diameter, and 8ft high (part
of top and bottom cropped) everything seems to
snap into place and you can easily imagine
yourself being there.

I did a number of these for real estate people
who wanted to show what the view was going to be
like from certain floors of a highrise. I climbed
up the construction crane to the appropriate
height, and with the Horizon took 3 or 4 shots. 3
perfect shots would provide enough overlap, but
usually I went for the safer route and took 4.
The Roundshot was better, as it only took one
405? degree shot, but then there could be no
obstructions in place. Also, as it has a shorter
focal length (28mm), it needed more enlargement
and cropping, but it did have the possibility for
a greater vertical angle of view.