Subject: [Leica] DMR for sale....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:54:58 -0400

The problem with buying such gear is the  utility Vs rarity quotient.
If its rare you pay through the nose because the collectors want to put it
on their dust proof shelves and keep tight tabs on their investment by
watching their eBay monitor day after day.
This is a 5 year old cropped picture taking solution.
When it came out it would be a great thing to have if you could swing it and
you had  case filled with R glass. Most other photographers were shooting
cropped and yours would have come out looking better than theirs. And it
would compare nicely in terms of size and weight. Even price.
Now not even close.
Normally if the collectors are after it I try to avoid it if it is at all
possible. I do not want to compete with collectors. I don't collect. I'm at
the utility end of the thing.
For 5 grand you can get a D3S and put your R glass or whatever glass in
front of.
12.1 Mp FX (36x23.9mm) CMOS Sensor
RAW/JPEGs & 720p HD Video @ 24fpsISO Sensitivity Up To ISO 102,400
Built Tough, Fully Weathersealed 3" 920,000-Dot LCD with Live View
Buffers Up to 48 RAW or 130 large JPEGs
Up to 4200 Exposures per Battery Charge
Weight     2 lb. 12 oz. (1240 g)
Dimensions     6.3 x 6.2 x 3.4" (160 x 157 x 88 mm)
On all accounts the results and handling of a D3s is going to blow the DMR
out of the water.
For 5 grand if you really wanted to be making great photographs this is what
you'd want to get. Unless you're first love was the buying and selling of
esoteric photo gear. And image making was a bit down your list.

Mark William Rabiner