Subject: [Leica] eighteen years a Leica person
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:19:49 -0500

I'll second that (about an exciting time to be a photographer).
Pre-digital most of my "serious" photography was with large-format 4x5
and 8x10 cameras.  If digital had not come along I might not still have
the hobby.  There is only so much time you can spend in a darkroom while
also trying to earn a living, having a family life and all that.  I'll
also second not drinking from an unlabeled beaker.  I don't know if you
have made platinum/palladium prints, but you pour the emulsion onto
paper from a shot glass, and it sure looks like Scotch under a
safelight  -- not the time for an involuntary arm reflex.

Ken