Subject: [Leica] IMG: A few from New England
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:44:25 -0700

I'm just back from a week-long trip. I went first to New England for a
high school reunion and side visits with old friends. Later it was on to
Austin, Texas for Passover with family transplanted there from New
York.  I used my "good enough" camera, the Panny G1 with 20/1.7 lens and
kit zoom.  From the first part of the trip, here are a few of the more
"ahtistic"* shots.
(*Note that aftah a few days around Bahston, you staht tahkin' like this)

Quintessential New England (Norwich, VT, just across the Connecticut
River from Dartmouth College):
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060123.jpg.html>

Spring runoff at an old mill, now a restaurant
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060127.jpg.html>

Covered bridge (and no, I'm not!)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060131.jpg.html>

Yummy!
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060134.jpg.html>

Concord, MA:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060165.jpg.html>

I'd never seen a tombstone made out of rose quartz before (Wakefield, MA):
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060179.jpg.html>

A seriously impressive teak view camera belonging to my friend Doug. He
coats his own glass plates, just like they did back in the late 1800s.
The camera came from India.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060182.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060183.jpg.html>

The perfect book pairing:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060184.jpg.html>

A couple of old friends reminiscing (Lexington, MA):
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060190.jpg.html>

Me with feet firmly planted on New England granite (Breakheart Reserve,
Wakefield, MA)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060215.jpg.html>

My old friend Alison, hiking...
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060219.jpg.html>
...and Skyping with her son in London. The first time I've taken a
portrait where the subjects were 3000 miles apart.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/boston2011/P1060227_Corr.JPG.html>

Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: A few from New England)