Subject: [Leica] eighteen years a Leica person
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:07:24 -0500

I bought my first Leica - a IIIf body in good condition only for about $200
in the mid-eighties - on a whim in NY when I was overworked and wanted to
reward myself. I got an Elmar a little while later, but never used is
seriously - I could not adjust to the viewfinder. In about 2002 or so I
bought a titanium M6 + 50mm Summilux, plus black 90mm Elmar and 135mm 2.8
with goggles plus an assortment of filters for a reasonable price. Never
used the tele lenses much, but the M6 and Summilux were wonderful and I got
hooked on the rangefinder, so I bought an M8.
The Titanium body and lens are beautiful - I them because I thought they
were lighter weight than the black, based on my Breitling titanium watch
which is featherlight.  I was wrong - the titanium is only a finish over
really heavy brass. The Summilux lives on the M8 now - I had it coded by
Leica.
--
Clive
http://clive.smugmug.com