Subject: [Leica] IMG: Why I Like M's (and a reminder to stay prepared)
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:28:57 -0500 (CDT)

I was leaving the Department of Motor Vehicles after getting my driver's
license renewed, cruising down Mill Rd., when three deer came to the curb
ahead of me, looking like they were going to cross the street.  I pulled
over to try and get a shot, but my M3 was in a bag in the back seat
(mistake), so I pulled my LX3 from my jacket pocket and tried to take a
picture.  Ha!  By the time I found the ON button... and it powered up...and
it gave me a warning that the control dial was out of position between
settings...and I moved the dial...and I had the camera ready for use...the
deer had run up the street ahead of me and turned right, into a field.  I
took some shots anyway as mementos, but if I would have had my M3 ready on
the seat next to me with my favored 85mmm f/2 Nikkor, and set for the
existing exposure, as I usually do, I would have been able to get off some
pictures when they were at the curb.

For fun, I blew up the Lumix file to get a "Blow-Up" effect as in the film:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/LensFun/ThreeDeer_AMR_645.jpg.html>

Full frame:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/LensFun/ThreeDeerFullFrame_AMR.jpg.html>

Alan