Subject: [Leica] My New YouTube Video
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 15:47:14 +0200

Disagree. US politics may be absurd, but as we are seeing in Greece,
Portugal etc., a government cannot forever spend more than it takes in. At
some point people will stop buying the government's bonds, and then the only
options are default or what is being discussed here--printing money to
inflate away the debt.

Japan has managed to live for a long time with a debt of 200% of GDP only
because that debt is largely held domestically and so simply represents an
inter-generational transfer. Most other countries do not have that
luxury--including the US.

Cheers,
Nathan (who is salivating at the prospect of shopping in San Francisco later
this month with his Euro worth $1.43 today :-))

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu