Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tulip Tree Flower
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:49:44 -0500

Hi Tina,

We planted these about five years ago, and this is the first year that the
larger one has bloomed.  As to Sweet Gum, the ones by that name in
Mississippi had star-shaped pointed leaves and prickly balls.  We also
painted them for ornaments during the 1930s.  These trees have a broader
leaf that sort of resembles the profile of a tulip bloom.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA