Subject: [Leica] OT: World stampeding to FF dSLR - NOT
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:47:02 -0700

The nice thing is that the 'old' M9 is working just fine, as is the
5DmkII. Both produce images that are as good technically as the day
they came out. Actually, better as they both have had firmware
updates.

18 and 21Mp are just fine under almost all circumstances. Now if
Canon came out with a 50+ Mp camera with no AA filter and expanded
dynamic range, I might consider it. Most likely not though as I'd
have to then wait for the newer, higher performing lenses to come
out. The 21Mp sensor is already too much for many of the lenses.

What would be a lot more interesting would be a DSLR with a FF
sensor, 12 to 24Mp, the size of the old Pentax MX and with similarly
sized lenses. Unfortunately that won't happen, so I regretfully :-)
:-) have to use my M9 most of the time.

At this time new models of these cameras would just be tweaks to some
very functional equipment, and higher pixel densities are not
something I'm looking for.