Subject: [Leica] Friday Flower
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 22:10:56 -0500

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at
lighttube.net>wrote:

> Sonny,
>
> I guess it depends on the intent of the image.  Your flowers are
> beautifully done, with a mystique about them.  If I want to truly picture a
> flower to end up as a wall-mounted print, I like to get the full flower in
> detail. That is when I stop down.  Getting the heart of a flower, as well
> as
> the near and far elements, into proper focus requires me to stop down
> considerably.

I usually shoot with a 35mm or 28mm wide open and crop heavily.   I almost
always shoot in low light.  I like the full flower too.  I'm not too much on
close ups of parts.  I think they are nice but I like the whole flower, like
you do.

> YMMV
>

> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr at gmail.com>

>>> for your posted image shows 1/4000 at f/2.8.  You could have stopped down