Subject: [Leica] IMG: Uncle Marty
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 13:03:35 -0700

Thanks, Marty, Nathan, Richard, Phillipe and Jim.  Long live Tri-X
indeed!  I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and tonality of the
pics on this roll. I remember making small prints of these photos back
then, and thinking of them as so-so family snaps. I was very new to the
darkroom then. Now, with 41 years of photography behind me, I see that
they are much better than I originally thought. And precious, as I have
few pictures of that side of my family.

Later that year, I sold the Canon and got an M2 and DR Summicron. For
some reason, I was never confident manually focusing an SLR. When the
local camera store manager put the M2 in my hands, I knew it was *my*
camera. The DR remains one of my favorite lenses. But I must say, the
Canon SLR's stock 50/1.8 wasn't bad at all.

--Peter

Marty Deveney wrote:
 > Fine name! (And a great shot).

 > Marty (also and Uncle)