Subject: [Leica] M8 Repair... Update
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:09:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>I was making a comparison of the primary output from film vs digital.  In my
>mind, it removes the variables of scanning, printer drivers ( including the
>driver that takes in 300 dpi and outputs 1600 dpi ink + dithering) , user SW
>capability, etc.
>
>If the primary source is better, then the secondary output will be
>better.... ie, the print.

If your printing skills are weak from one source there's no way you'll get
better results from that source.  It's what YOU get from the camera that
matters, not what's theoretically possible.  Also your test target will
influence the results.  A black and white target, i.e., no gray scale, no
color, will favor film.  Make real-world photos, with real-world subjects,
using the skills you will ordinarily use.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com