Subject: [Leica] Wm Eggleston on the Today Show
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:48:28 -0600

Thanks for the comments, gang.  The portrait of Bill was in a show called
"Picturing Bill" at the now defunct John Stinson gallery in New Orleans in
2003.  For NO locals, the gallery was located at 900 S. Peters St., in the
warehouse district.  The show was curated by NO artist William Greiner, who
now lives in Baton Rouge I think (post-Katrina).  The exhibitors were a
varied lot, with many being artist friends of Bill who had taken a photo of
him through the years.  Some were well known in the art world (Nan Goldin,
Philip Lorca Dicorcia, Wm. Christenberry and Magnum photographer Alec Soth).
 Since the list of exhibitors was shown alphabetically, my name appeared
just below that of Soth, the Magnum guy.  I can assure you that I don't
usually hang with the Magnum crowd, so I really got a kick out of that. ;-)
 My 15 minutes of fame, for sure!

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE