Subject: [Leica] Abandoned Harvester factory
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 23:16:10 -0400

I remember it from my childhood. My generation never got to experience it
firsthand though. My father tells me that when he was 18 years old, right
after he graduated from high school, he was hired by the telephone company
as a lineman. He didn't go to college or a technical school and had no
telecom experience. He was right out of high school and had worked as a
stockboy at a local grocery store. He was paid a wage equal to about $40,000
a year in todays money and was able to buy a house and a new car. I don't
know anyone I went to school with who makes more than $9 an hour, and most
of my friends have bachelors degrees and we're around 35, not 18!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook