Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Gathering at Qarabagh, Afghanistan
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 22:32:15 -0700

Hugh Thompson OFFERED:

> Last Thursday ....... Thursday and Friday being the weekend in
> Afghanistan, I was invited to a country property in Qarabagh, a rural
> area some 35 kilometers north of Kabul.  I was surrounded by people of
> great character, who were brimming with hospitality and open  affection.
> The main attraction was a professional group of musicians,  they played
> older songs that people sang and danced along with, they  also played a
> special song for me.  This is how Afghan men enjoy  themselves.

Hi Hugh,
Nice documentary photography of the gathering! Obviously gentlemen having a
good time.

Actually these are the very best photographs from Afganhastan I've ever seen
without a bunch of SOB's with AK47's at the ready! :-(

Sorry I know you're on the scene experience and know the people are not all
wanting to kill the infidels'. So I very much appreciate what you've shown
all of us that these are fine gentlemen who'd much rather enjoy a meal than
killing other human beings!
Dr. ted