Subject: [Leica] War reenactor
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 18:33:16 -0400

Jim writes:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/war+reenactor+sm.jpg.html

Leica M2, DR Summicron, Neopan 100

Jim Shulman

- - - - - -

When I was in the army during the Korean War, a master sergeant at one of my
bases (Ft. Knox, Ky) looked just like that. He had been there since much of
the facility was built and was in charge of maintenance. His superiors
wanted to get rid of hum because of physical unfitness. However he was the
only one who knew where all the underground valves were that controlled the
complicated base plumbing. He suffered convenient losses in memory when
asked to write the information down. It was his full employment insurance
policy. Interestingly, he was married to a 13 year old Kentucky girl who
became pregnant during my stay at the base. I guess he was fit enough.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] War reenactor)