Subject: [Leica] What film did HCB use?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 00:01:56 -0400

Yes the Ilford and Kodak films didn't get faster it was just the way in
which its speed was measured changed.
These people are implying some padding was no longer put in a one f stop pad
but what all I'd previously read was the film speed changed to reflect
shadow detail while before it was mid tones. A much more logical and
accurate way of measuring real film speed. I don't think it was really an
issue of "padding".
So both tri x and HP whatever were really 400 by today's measuring it was
just recommended they be shot at 200.

You ask an old timer from that era and the reason why they don't remember is
they weren't using a meter anyway. It was all intuition with a number on it.

Mark

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] What film did HCB use?)