Subject: [Leica] Horrible but stunning
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 19:52:45 -0700

First: agreed, Darcy did great work there.

Second: Jayanand, I read the Wiki articles. I suppose you are saying that
some journalists would be so drawn into the story that they "live" it, and
may be even alter the story to suit their needs. I'm not entirely sure how
that applies generally to "the debate about the role of the person
documenting such issues was put to rest," but it's probably neither here nor
there.

Third: as for "should the photographer help or not," sure bad things happen
regardless, but it's the same thing as going to a shelter and taking one dog
or cat home - while one cannot save everyone or every dog, but if there is
someone one can help, it is VERY important for THAT someone.

All I wish for that photojournalists should make some sort of statement
about their viewpoints on the whole matter. I do not mean to question
Darcy's integrity or anything or that sort, but I want to know - what's the
glory in it for them?!

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>