Subject: [Leica] Another R option
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:16:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>I'm saying all that ends up getting compared is one persons defaults and
>tweaks against another's.

Mark you're saying almost exactly what I did before comparing my Nikons &
Kodachrome with Leicas & Kodachrome.  I was ignorant and had to eat some
humble pie when I actually saw the difference.

There is still a difference in the digital age and it's due to engineering
tradeoffs just like it was in the film age.  CaNikon seem to be targeting
the greater number of photographers who either don't recognize the
difference in color quality or who priorities lie elsewhere such as high ISO
performance or AF or frame rates or versatility.  Neither is right or wrong.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Another R option)