Subject: [Leica] Whales off Pender Island
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:01:00 +0100

They are pretty dangerous animals. Aren't they the largest carnivores on
Earth?
I don't remember the precise situation but one of the early photographers
following an Arctic expedition wrote a description of how an Orca lunged
over the ice near where he was standing at his tripod, trying to get at him,
presumably for lunch...
Frank