Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Father's Day
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:44:29 -0700

George Lottermoser Father's Day Tribute.
" <imagist3 at mac.com>
> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=5405><<<<<<<<

Good morning George,,
Beautiful my friend in how one recalls the good fortune of a lifetime with a
great father.
This morning I think I reflected in memory far more about my Dad than I can
recall any other time since his passing. Maybe because he passed away at the
same age I now am, maybe that has something to do with my many reflections
of piggy back rides, getting the Christmas tree and decorating it, he buying
my first wagon and his emphatic instructions of staying out of trouble with
girls! "KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS!" Wait until yer married!!

He was stern, but forgiving! The very special day of the week was always
Saturday evening upon arriving home from work. He would have a chocolate bar
in his lunch box for my sister and myself. A special treat as it was about
as much extra money he could afford. The price of two candy bars!  Never
failed, as it was the treat of the week because that was the day he received
his wages in cash. Those days long before cheques. It was cash in a brown
paper envelope.

Yep he gave me a good spanking or two when I deserved it, but was always
first with the accolades because I achieved good marks on a school test and
or bringing home a good report card with a few "B&C's!" :-)  More than "D's"
:-)

Yes he was a wonderful father that set many of my traits of politeness and
respect for others that I may not have had if not for him.

So to all the father lads on list I wish a wonderful day of involvement
where possible or great memories of days long ago.
cheers to all,
ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGs: Father's Day)