Subject: [Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:30:19 +1000

Neil although oil from the shutter has been put forward by a number of
people in the forums, this has not been confirmed by Leica Camera.
Dust is the obvious (and it doesn't seem to matter whether you are changing
lens much either), but also droplet marks from breath or drying marks from
excess cleaning fluid or the wrong type have been mentioned.
What ever is happening of course it is there all of the time and only made
more obvious with smaller apertures and plain tones.
A CLEAN anti static brush and wet clean with just the correct amount of
Eclipse fluid on the right size swab works fine for me.

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman