Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:33:34 -0700

To tell the truth, I've have been less than satisfied with the CV line. I
say this in spite of have owned a slew of their lenses.
They are inconsistent quality wise. They are also a nostalgic attempt to
replay the look of Nikon glass from the 70's. I didn't like the look then, I
dislike it even more now. The only time I was satisfied with the end product
from that old glass, was from a studio shoot, with massive over lighting, or
with infrared.
On one hand, having owned a 50 Elmar-M, I think I would really like the look
of the 21mm Super Elmar-M. On the other hand, as it's not commercially, or
personally, viable to use the current M line with my current shooting
practice, it's somewhat moot in even considering one.
S.d.

On Jun 21, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Its sad.
> A brand new cutting edge Leica 21 3.4 comes out harking back to Schneider
> Super Angulon shooting and the lug first reaction is that  it as an affront
> or threat to their Cosina Voigtl?nder 21 they got for a couple of hundred
> bucks with Germanic typography on the front ring. I do think that if we had
> a windfall or otherwise had the cash on hand and we shot a lot in that
> focal
> though or could and we were making more than screen shot jpegs out of the
> results it would be a lens we would  be excited about. And certainly find
> be good news and not a threat to our delicate el cheapo sensibilities.
>
> The CV 21 was a compact 21 with no compact alterative from Leica other than
> trying to use an old SA or using a heavy large expensive Elmarit or
> Summilux.
> Well you now have that option.
>

> Mark William Rabiner
>

>> From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov at charter.net>
>> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:15:11 -0700
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
>>
>> The new 21mm is exciting. The "new" M9-P, well, that's a real yawn!
>> As I currently use the LTM, I wonder what the Chinese marketplace will do
>> with
>> that bayonet?
>> S.d.
>>

>> On Jun 21, 2011, at 11:50 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>
>>> The white house photographers in the 80's most of them had over one
>>> shoulder
>>> an M with a 21mm SA on the other shoulder a nikon F with a 105 2.5 or 80
>>> or
>>> a few others.
>>> A super Angulon  for them and many have been the reason to own and use a
>>> Leica. The 21mm focal length has been basic for Leica use for many many
>>> decades. Zone focusing. Highly corrected non distortion. In a very