Subject: [Leica] 35mm Summicron R lens - good , bad, so so?
From: alal at poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:10:15 -0400 (EDT)

Vick if you look in the archives you'll find my opinion of this lens is
not very high. K'chromes projected with the last generation Super
Colorplan on a large screen revealed it shortcomings very clearly. A 50
Summilux type II or 19 mm Elmarit type II it aint.

I've owned and sold *several* specimens of the 35/2.0 R, both type I and
type II, and would not recommend it. If your budget stretches to it try a
35mm Summilux R.