Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:35:31 +0100

I don't see why a M8.3 would be cheap to make. The actual component cost may
be slightly less but all the expensive parts are the same as is the assembly
cost. A M8.3 makes no business sense at all since customers would expect it
to be much cheaper and I would expect the production cost to be within ?100
of a M9.
Sensor size is a non-issue in this question.
FD