Subject: [Leica] IMG: Listen to your Eyes - part I
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:41:45 -0700

philippe.amard OFFERED:

I've uploaded a couple of takes from last night's 30ieth edition of
F?te de la Musique in Metz.

Back then, there used to be lots of ordinary people playing their
instruments or singing and dancing spontaneously everywhere.
It looks there is still some fun but it is way more organized now; sigh!

Ten frames starting here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Metz/MTZ-Listen+to+Your+Eyes-3926.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/6gclzea

Bonjour Philippe,
Once again you are proving my belief in "IF YOU CAN SEE IT, YOU CAN SHOOT
IT!" Just do it!

Evening situations with digital, capturing the life of the night which
produces images of a quality that seemed impossible with colour film even
when pushing a few stops.

Technically I'm not sure why with digital one records images you almost
don't see with the naked eye at the same level the camera does. Certainly
digital is far more sensitive to the slightest amount of light than film
could ever be with equal quality.

It's a kind of technical question I don't usually get into because I don't
require a technical answer. That is as long as I know it works! ERGO? When
you observe an evening scene that looks cool? Don't get techie, just get the
camera to your eye and shoot it! :-) And be pleasantly surprised at the
wonderful results. :-)

Because you can see it, even vaguely, the digital camera will see it even
better. Does that sound about right?

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] IMG: Listen to your Eyes - part I)