Subject: [Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:57:35 +0900

Since I had my M8 and M9, I could never read their cards with a card
reader.  I hae two card readers.  Both work fine with my 5DII.  I use
San Disk Extreme cards with my digital Ms.  I can only upload files by
connecting the Ms themselves, with card inside, to the Mac.

I upgraded the M9 firmware by changing the card transfer type to Mass
Storage from PTP.  I can't find this option in the M8, so I cannot
upgrade the firmware.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware)