Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers - Sizing
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:12:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

>You just have to have it be a bigger rez which just means more pixels from
>left to right or up and down or more total pixels. The rest is don't
>automatically by the lug gallery software.

>Me what I do is I make sure one of my dimensions is more than 1000.
>Usually the long dimension is 1200. dimension seems to work out pretty
>well.
>You click on the top zoomer thing and you can really see it. Maybe get a
>feel for what level of quality the optics are. Of the level of technique.
>You shot seems to be quite sharp.
>But there's no way of knowing at that size we can barely see them.
>If you have kids have them help they always know about this tech  computer
>stuff.

>Mark William Rabiner
================================================================================================================================================================
I know about rez, but I somehow got the idea that all pictures uploaded to
the LUG gallery had to be no bigger than 72 ppi/10" wide for horizontals and
72ppi/6.5" wide for verticals, so that's what I've been doing, except for
this mistake:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Rosebuds_AMR_877.jpg.html>

This one enlarges!

I don't have kids, and my cats won't share their computer savvy with me   ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Friday Flowers - Sizing)