Subject: [Leica] M lens 21mm F2.8 pre ASPH
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:29:48 -0500

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

>  "It does not bear the Leica badge with full honour." is by far the worse
> thing in Erwin's subtle rhetoric he's ever said about a Leica lens.

That one part of a line taken out of context sounds  bad, but if you read
the full line, it is not nearly so,

"Generally speaking: this lens is a commendable performer and a slight
improvement on the SA 34. It does not bear the Leica badge with full honour.
"

 and if you read the full review, you go away with an understanding that the
lens is a step above the SA.

The Super Angulon has many champions, and as he points out, the Elmarit
gives you more speed and the ability to use it on a metered camera.  So,
that doesn't really make it a dog.

The other day, you liked the pictures from my early SA, and that was an f4
model.

They all have their quirks; some paint pretty pictures and some less, it is
all in how you use them.

--
Regards,

Sonny