Subject: [Leica] Faces
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:33:26 -0400

On Jun 30, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> Thanks for looking & commenting
> Cheers
> Jayanand

Several things about this photo that make it so strong, IMO.

First, composition, with the train window framing and the window bars adding
more frames.

Second, all the eyes of the men are visible.  That makes them eminently
present to the viewer.

Third, the visible background window, outlining another shadowy figure,
provides a look into something that pulls the viewer's eye.  We want to look
more closely so we can find out just who that is.

Fourth, one of the difficulties I face in "street photography" is giving the
subjects their honorable due, if that makes sense.  I think you managed to
do that.

Really a great photo.

Ken
Kenneth Frazier