Subject: [Leica] IMG: Workers Protests
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 06:08:52 +0100

Lluis and Jayanand

Firstly, thanks to both for looking.

Like a lot of Europe, I think we are in for a long hot summer of discontent
here in England. I don't want to get into politics on this list, but many
people are facing substantial cuts into their incomes, and it is mostly a
burden on the lowest paid public servants who are being told that they must
work considerably longer for a lower pension. Even my own pension (I am a
retired public servant) is being cut. Meanwhile the bankers who got Europe
into this mess are still taking massive bonuses, and the Members of
Parliament are getting big rises in their pay and expenses.

Artists have always starved, but I never thought that when I argued that
photography was an art I would become a starving artist!   ;>)

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 (Office)
+44 (0)797 287 7932 (Mobile)