Subject: [Leica] M lens 21mm F2.8 pre ASPH
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:06:36 -0500

Mark,

I have seen your Elmar image previously, and don't find that it lives up to
the quality of the lens.  Here is an image made in January 1953, using my
50/3.5 Coated Elmar on a Leica IIIa, albeit one that had been fitted with
flash by E. Leitz N. Y.  I used fill flash because it was late afternoon.
Probably on ASA 10 Kodachrome.

The Elmar did everything I needed in the early 50s, except offer me the
speed available today.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Donna02sm+53.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA