Subject: [Leica] Flying Bee
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 15:02:04 -0400

Arresting shot. The flower is unusual and beautiful like out of George Pals
"the time machine".
The bee is suspended magically as it has no wings.
Which is why the bee photographers often use a hand held flash on a short
coiled TTL cord- that's at the top of this weeks laundry list for me.  A
great thing for macro work even without the need for high speed freezing. As
these puppies at that range go off and on at on at a 20,000 of a second
maybe. So you get the wings... Extra crispy. And you can shoot at f11 or
worse. And for some reason in macro it does not look like flash so much.
Don't know why.
Scale.

The Bee photographers Union is a tough one to get into though I hear you
gotta know someone to get in.
There is hazing.
And buzzing.

Mark William Rabiner