Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Across the street - July 4th
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:06:08 -0500

On Jul 6, 2011, at 2:46 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi George,
> A nice set of fire works images to say the least!  Curiosity? Are you
> working off a tripod or hand holding?

thanks Ted.

M8 held firmly against a utility pole - sort of a tripod?

This was a spontaneous decision to "grab" some shots.
I actually walked out to watch the display without a camera;
then decided i "should" shoot a few frames;
walked back to the house for the camera;
knowing the display would soon be over;
and the pole would work just fine ;~)

Out of 14 frames only 5 showed some significant camera movement
(due to the display going off before I had the camera firmly positioned).

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com