Subject: [Leica] B&W on a digital camera
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 16:58:35 -0400

Well it takes a minute  maybe two to push the sliders around and do the
other stuff in the adobe camera raw filter before it opens up in Photoshop.
And you can do it two a bunch of similar shots as a bunch.  In the darkroom
making a test strip takes longer.
I think if you looked at the average darkroom print I have in my portfolios
each one took me twenty minutes to make. I want through a half dozen to a
dozen sheets of paper. It washes for an hour after a few other baths.
Digital is a decimal point of that. Maybe two.

Digital does not feel less "hands on" to me it feels more.
When someone says "nice Photo Mark" I do feel it its my photo they are
complimenting. Not my having gone "click". then the guy in the Walgreens
feeding the C41 machine, Robin Williams in that movie, really doing the
picture.

Mark William Rabiner