Subject: [Leica] Best eyeglass cleaner ever - very OT
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:02:22 -0400

I always had little smudges on my eyeglasses until I discovered this simple
cleaner. It works much better than any of the store bought types at a tiny
fraction of the cost.

Get one of those little pump bottles, 1/2 pint or less. The kind they sell
hand sanitizer in. Wash the bottle. Add 1/8 simple dishwashing soap, Dawn or
the like. Then fill the rest of the bottle with rubbing alcohol. That's it.

Squirt a drop on each eyeglass lens and rub over both sides of the lens with
your fingers. Rinse in warm water. Use a non linting tissue to dry. I
actually use a relatively soft paper towel.

I've been tempted to try this on camera lenses too but I'm not sure what it
will do to the coating. Won't scratch though. Maybe I'll try it on a cheap
lens.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Best eyeglass cleaner ever - very OT)
Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Best eyeglass cleaner ever - very OT)