Subject: [Leica] PESO: Dutch treat
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 17:12:29 -0400

This fat people in America series is really starting to amount to a solid
body of work and you'd think it would have been done before but I never
recall seeing it and I don't miss much in the photo book department over the
decades. On this shot I think it would be funnier If I could really see this
guy the fat gals are looking at. I bet he's really funny close up in color
when you're standing in front of him. But here I don't think I'm getting
him.  The gals are clear. But not him. Try dodging his face and maybe his
body to bring up detail I'm sure is there in the neg and there when you were
standing there taking the picture.. Make him "pop" as he's just bit dull
tonal wise to the point where he's almost not there.
When we see what they're looking then you've really got a picture which will
have irony and or contrast. Instead of two ladies looking at something we
cant really see and we're taking their word for it.

Mark William Rabiner